This free online course has been developed for Department of Communities and Justice (DCJ) and NGO practitioners, including caseworkers to help them implement the OOHC Health Pathway. The course has been developed by DCJ in consultation with NSW Health.
At the end of course, you will be able to:
– Understand why improving health outcomes for children in care is important.
– Identify and describe the key steps in the OOHC Health Pathway, who is responsible for undertaking them and by when.
– Identify your local district OOHC Health Coordinator and describe how to work with them.
– Identify what needs to be included when completing an OOHC Health Referral Form.
– Identify the steps that should be undertaken to implement a Health Management Plan in conjunction with key stakeholders.
– Identify the steps that need to be undertaken to ensure that the child or young person’s Health Management Plan is reviewed in accordance with the required schedule.