This free online course has been developed for Department of Communities and Justice (DCJ) and NGO practitioners, including caseworkers to help them implement the OOHC Education Pathway Program. The course has been developed by the DCJ in consultation with NSW Education.
At the end of course, you will be able to:
- Identify the key steps in the Out of Home Care (OOHC) Education Pathway.
- Know how and when to complete the Change of Detail Advice and Notice to School forms.
- Know what the Personalised Learning and Support Planning process is, their role in the process and how to prepare so they and everyone involved gets the most out of the process.
- Identify how to work in partnership with schools to support children to engage in learning and improve their learning outcomes.
- Identify strategies they can use in their work to address common challenges and barriers that children and young people experience in their educational journey.